In the interests of greater reader interaction, encouraging conspicuous consumption, and getting weird stuff in the post, we announce the Plokta Scavenger Hunt. A bottle of perfectly acceptable champagne (or suitable equivalent for non-drinkers) to the Plokta reader who sends us (at the usual address) the greatest number of items from the list below before Easter 1998. In the event of a tie, bonus points will be awarded, entirely arbitrarily, for demonstrating a twisted imagination, a sick sense of humour or a superfluity of moose. As an incentive all entrants will be guaranteed to be safe from being culled from the mailing list for at least a year. We may print part or all of any or all entries in a future issue of Plokta. Dr Plokta's decision is final and we regret that correspondence will be entered into.
- A picture of yourself as a baby.
- A postage stamp with a cat on it.
- A beermat advertising a cask conditioned bitter.
- A moose-related artefact that we don't already have. In the interests of road safety in Sweden, we should point out that we already have a full-size "Beware of moose" road-sign.
- A pre-support badge for a losing convention bid.
- A Hugo nominee ribbon.
- The ingredients panel from a packet of Twinkies.
- A matchbook with an SF connection (please remove the matches before sending it to us).
- A picture postcard depicting an elf.
- A page from an IKEA catalogue showing a black Billy bookcase.
- A tasteless Diana memento.
- At least 4 square inches of glittery fabric for Giulia's boudoir.
- Something that glows in the dark.
- An 8" floppy disk.
- As a final tie-breaker, something really strange.
Visit the Plokta News Network: News and comment for SF fandom